Among other things I did in my studio yesterday, I found this piece that has been in a pile for weeks and decided to work towards finishing it. The hearts are little pieces of leather stitched on by machine. I ripped the individual squares into roughly the same sizes which changed the overall size of the piece significantly. It’s now about 20″ x 20″ and I like the smaller size better.
I used a glue stick to place the squares on muslin, put batting on the back, and used safety pins to hold the 2 layers together. I am now doing the embroidery & embellishment so all the little knots won’t show on the back of the final piece. Once I put the backing on, I will do a little running stitch to keep the 3 layers together.
Headed out today to look at sewing machines…AGAIN!
Have a great summer day!