A few members of my quilt group had scraps for me recently and I consider it a challenge to find a way to use them : ) Not needing any more potholders or pillows right now, I decided to see how far the scraps could get me.
After a good start, I started to run thin before I got the size baby quilt I was hoping for. Then I realized I had more of these soft pastels somewhere…in the project storage bin I have in the attic. Yep, fabrics worked excellently!
Now this gets added to the 6 others awaiting their turn under the free motion foot.
Tendonitis is keeping me from doing the actual quilting right now, so still wanting to be in my studio amidst the fabrics I began sorting the scrap bin.
I find that sorting and playing in fabrics spurs ideas and creative activity. Believe it or not, that mess in the photo is really about 4 quilts worth of starts.
Oh the things to come…