As you can see, I’ve added some stronger reds in the stars and it now has a cohesion it didn’t have before. Also, the dark red vertical strips are half the width of the stars. Making the strips different widths adds to the interest overall.
Also, I’ve added some half-square triangles at the bottom. They are made from the scraps I cut away when making the stars. They add interest, but I’m not sure if they work with my overall vision.
One smart person suggested small stars for the corners where the sashing meets. I like that idea a lot. Perhaps even do the smaller stars in the less strong colors. I think we’re on to something here. Hmmm…
Linking up with the talented quilters at Freshly Pieced Work In Progress Wednesday – check it out!