Creativity is all about taking chances. If you ever wanted to expand your creativity to a new area, here are some links to get you going!
– For the quilters, want to learn free motion quilting in a non-intimidating way? Check out Crafty Gemini’s new Free Motion series here.
– An interesting look at Moda Fabric’s “oldest” designer and some of her photographs from before the digital age! Take a walk down memory lane here.
– Evidently Craftsy is about to start selling fabric and yarn…in a big way. I’m not so sure how I feel about this and plan to rethink my promotion of Craftsy classes (which I still think are awesome). Small local yarn and quilt shops are important! Read this open letter from Craftsy CEO and let me know what you think.
– Want to be published? QuiltCon Magazine has a call for submissions here.
– Just discovered the Sewaholic blog. Great detailed sewing information, and patterns!
– I bought a new button down shirt pattern this week at Tessuti called the Jac Shirt. It would work for a variety of body shapes as well as those who don’t want to fuss with a lot of fitting details.
Health and Beauty
– This is the time of year to consider that new staple…hand sanitizer. Here’s a link to make your own naturally.
Check back on Monday for creativity in the form of a completely new 3 piece outfit – Project Runway style : )
Until then, Happy Creating!