This top might be fun if I had cut the right size…
I cut a 14, my usual Vogue size, but unfortunately I forgot I usually cut a 12 in the shoulders grading to a 14 for my lower half. In this pattern, no grading was necessary because the back is so full!
The pattern is out of print, and the rest of this post may help explain why.
So in an effort to make it work, I removed about 1&1/2″ from the shoulder seam to pull it up and that works OK. I also dropped the neckline the same amount so I wasn’t choking!
This also brought up the armholes. A bit too much.
I do wish I had that length in the front. Also, the top pulls to the back because of the weight. This is even handkerchief linen – so quite lightweight. There is a LOT of back!
I have thought of adding some chain to the front hem to help it hang properly. But with this lightweight fabric, I think it would be a bad idea.
I don’t know if the pattern would hang better and not keep pulling if I had not made all the changes.
Verdict – cute top but just isn’t very wearable because of that pulling problem.
Happier Creating next time!